the call
Exactly at 10:00 am the phone ringer blasts off "Have a Nice Day" by Stereophonics. I wonder who it was. Who would call me on a Friday morning, third day of winter, second day of break....
"Hey you. Good morning"
"Hey. Good morning"
"Did I wake you? I'm so sorry, didn't mean to."
"No, not at all. I'm usually up at 9 anyways."
"Oh, okay"
"So, what's up?"
"Nothing much. What you up to?"
"Weather channel. Nothing's good on tv"
"Yeah I know. Cartoons are good in the morning you know"
"Haha. Really? I didn't know that. Thanks."
"Hmm, yeah. Umm"
"Yes"
"Anyway, I was wondering if you could come by to the kiosk today"
"Something going on there?"
"Umm. No, nothing interesting. Forget I asked"
"Umm. Okay..."
"Aight, I'll let you get back to weather channel then. Talk to you later"
"Okay. Bye"
*click*
I put down the receiver. Gosh, he's so funny and cute when he's nervous.
I put my black pumps on to go with my knee-length dress. I grabbed a purple scarf and twirl it over my neck.
Keys.. check!
Wallet.. check!
Lip balm.. check!
Gloves.. check!
The car is already heated up. I drove past the parking lot and waved good morning to Mr. Wright. Within 5 minutes, I was already parked in front of the building. I could see the red Ford on the side of the road. I smiled.
I opened the building door and walked up the stairs. I turned left and another left. Then I opened the door. Nobody was there. I smiled.
But at the kiosk, the man was staring at the blank plasma tv. He turned towards me. I could tell he was surprised to see me. He smiled. I smiled.

1 Comments:
Looking for information and found it at this great site... teeth whitening ford truck Montana debt consolidation loan tenuate Gulf power company bill pay Notebooks video cards fantasy football 60 mb webspace gratis fibromyalgia topamax laser hair removal Sample request to reduce and settle debt online pharmacy hydrocodone Fast wheelchair Pharrell bbc t-shirts kansas lawyer mesothelioma64 Withdrawl symptoms of long term use of zoloft Interior design & the color wheel Car lcd tv screens cisco wireless ip phone
Post a Comment
<< Home