Wednesday, April 19

Smoothie Mix

It takes me 5 seconds to pour either yogurt, fruit juice, orange sherbet or coffee mix into the blender. Roughly 20 seconds scooping friuts and pumping syrups into it. 5 more seconds to put in ice. 2 seconds to put the booster in and the top on. 2 seconds to set the blender and turn it on. Wait 25 seconds for the mix to blend. 3 seconds to pour in the contents. 2 seconds to put the lid on. 2 seconds to serve it to a customer. while waiting for the 25 seconds of blending time, i charge the person; cash or card? if it's credit, then i'd wait about 35 seconds worth of approval time. all in all, an average smoothie transaction takes up 5 + 20 + 5 + 2 + 2 + 25 + 3 + 2+ 2 + 10 = 66 seconds = 1 minute and 6 seconds.

That's the process of making one though. What I dont like about the process is the ordering part. I just hate it if somebody doesn't know what they want OR they come by in a 'i want it quick' fashion. I despise the latter one more. These are the customers who rarely smile at you unless he or she is a regular. Talking about regulars, i think there's a girl who's like stalking me. She buys from me EVERYDAY and sometimes it's just creepy, cause it's like she knows when I work. Oh well...

Okay, back to the really annoying know it all customers who always want something fast, even though it's gonna take me a total minute to make a smoothie. See, they already know what they want right, so they act like they know it all. They would peek over the counter, jutting their heads over looking at the fruits to see whether I scoop the right ones. Then they'd jut their heads again this time over the booster rack to see me scoop the ice. It's either they're checking out the ice volume or plainly checking my ass as i have to bend over to scoop those freaking ice. Urgh, the perks lah konon.
Then they would just stare at the blender as it blends. When I ask cash or card, it's like I'm putting them out of their trance. What bugs me is the people who normally pay cash but acts so surprised to know the price is $3.99 although it says $3.69 on the price menu. HELLO, there's this thing called SALES TAX and you are a regular so TOLONGLAH!. So they pay, and as the smoothie is ready and I pour it in the glass, AGAIN they would stare. OMG, didn't ur parents teach you it's rude to stare!!! Again, no smiles... so i dont bother to smile at them but usually i would just do cause it's good customer service. They would cringe their eyebrows as if i was building the KLCC towers. Urgh.. it's only a smoothie! But yeah... they are the i want smoothie NOW kinda people.

The nice people are the ones who decide what they want 4 feet away from the menu, only approaching the counter after they know what they want, smiles as he or she orders, not stare at me while i make the smoothie, pays up, and smile when i pass their drinks. Even the people woh dont know what they want still smiles and much much more patient. Urgh.. sometimes when you know too much or you act like you know somethings, it's just plain annoying.

So the moral of the story is, people want what they want. They can either be civil or understanding or happy about it or just plain rude or annoying or ignorant. They just want the results of their need and some of them can't handle the process of getting them.

This relates to the story of us getting a job a car, shoes, clothes, camera, etc. Material stuff. All this takes time.. lotsa time. All this takes planning, careful planning. This story also relates to society. People are becoming more and more impatient. And by becoming impatient, more and more are becoming selfish. It doesn't make the world a better place. It really doesn't. I know I can be impatient and thus I am selfish. It doesn't make me a good person if I ignore society especially the people I love, my family, my friends, my so-called friends (cause they are still friends even only hanya pada nama). So for that, Sorry mak and babah when I say I don't want to go home after I graduate. :-D muahahaha!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Izhal commented...

kalau aku pi starbucks... satu2 menu tu aku tanya apa benda... ye la nak bayar mahal, baik aku tanya... biar tukang buat kopi tu jawab, kalau dia sendiri tak tau apa dia nak bagi aku, aku pi kedai mamak lagi baik...

transaction buat template ni berapa lama haaa???

2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous commented...

im a i-want-my-smoothie-now person 1 out of 10 times i go to coffeeshop. but only bcos akak tu buat tak sedap!

5:27 PM  
Blogger Ija commented...

iz nak tanyer iza apa skang semua iza tau. boley buat tutup mata lagik tuh... wek!!!

i vent cause geram ngan mamat india sorang nie.. suka nonong muka kat kedai orang.. geli tau!

9:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous commented...

am looking forward to see you whip the smoothy in May. never know my daughter can move like lightning! nevery thought I could produce an offspring like that!!

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Say Pssst!



Free Hit Counter
SmithandNoble.com


Officially Me
The favorite question of all time, "Why Me?". Ask again, "Why Not Me?". Nobody in this world is perfect enough to be hit by good luck all the time. "If Allah brings you to it, Allah will bring you through it" - YM Status MuDin. So as my life in Troy progresses as you read on, me and I both are trying the best to live life through, hopefully better than our yesterday and well prepared for our tomorrow.

FAMILY on the web
- Afiza - Babah - Izhal's Blog - Izhal's Fotos - Alfian - Farhantok -

RPIans, I Love
- Ipan, ANYET - eLLe^beLLe - Juliecious - Nawaal - Adilots - Ajan - Lana-chan - Taroi Oi Oi - Lyn Ghazale - Shaliza, click click - Marien, PerMYsuri - Fera Schmera - Sung, Mr Luqman - Nik Nizal - Nadia Musa - Dalila Dal - Hicam da Man - Adleena, Add - MissJaja -

FWENS, I Adore
- Iss - Felut - SheeDOT - dD, dDot! - Azmir*Kichka - EyesOfNabil -

JUZ lynx
- MASA@RPI - GooGle - TonTie*when ur bored - YOU TUBE - Cute games- Orisinal - Singing Horses -

ARCHIVES
March 2004 April 2004 May 2004 June 2004 July 2004 August 2004 September 2004 October 2004 November 2004 December 2004 January 2005 February 2005 March 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 February 2010

Powered by Blogger