Grad skool vs working
I am truly "blessed" by being in this "wonderful" family. There is no inconsistencies about whatsoever, at all. I can make my own choices and can be with whoever I choose. I can wear anything (or even nothing) and be who I am until God takes my breath away for good. I can make friends even with the Gila monster and also dance in the green moonlight, if there exists a green moon. I can have a say in world politics and not be shunned for any ideas. I can choose a color for my room and not feel bad about it. Yup yup, I am truly blessed.
I feel bad for this friend of mine. He's a bit confused. Wait, 'a bit' may be exaggerating. He is over-the-head, irrationally, hair-falling-everywhere CONFUSED. You see, he has graduated from this institute of higher learning somewhere in the land of the free with wonderful honors. He wants to work and get his own income and his own LIFE, but this grandparents of his want him to do his phd. This grandma and grandpa are supposedly "SuggestinG" this to him, BUT he says they do not realize that they are not merely suggesting to do his phd, but also suggesting that if he does not do his phd, this will ruin his life and all the life around him. WoW i said. He can't be with whoever he chooses because then something bad will be upon him, like lightning will strike him or stuff like that. blurghs...
You see, I have great parents who are supportive of ANYTHING i want. I want to work and marry this guy from the states I met earlier, and yup.. they gave me a GREEN LIGHT. They never ever got mad at me for looking for jobs cause they know I am working hard. That's why I said I am truly "blessed". Not like my brothers, who are criticized for every single thing... being indecisive, not knowing how to feed their children, bumping the car into pillars, etc etc etc. Dear brothers, how unlucky you are...
*sigh* sometimes i think being a hypocrite is much needed to survive this world. urgh, not really!!!
side note: i miss being smartasses with bunch..

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home