Turn and curve up your lips
To fall….
I once sat with a male acquaintance of mine in a subdued Japanese ambience discussing plainly on the simplicity of life when we love what we do. It was a long Saturday for the both of us; me cleaning and the constant listening to my in-house lecturers and him rendezvousing around a course on a buggy in the hot scorching sun. Work related topic are totally a major NO-NO.
So what was it that we ended up discussing?
Chicken rice.
Okay, we talked about some other things but the one I remember the most is ‘nasi ayam’. How come?
Yeah, sappy right? But it’s different. I get attracted to whatever just as long as there’s passion behind it. What can I get from a man talking about his method of cooking chicken rice when I know that I can cook SOOO much better than he can (vain, yes I am)? But to understand the passion, you have got to be there.. in that quite little Miyagi eatery.
I’ve never seen a guy talked about preparing chicken rice with so much zeal than of this one. Ridiculous? Well, to some yes.. it would be utterly ridiculous to admire that kind of enthusiasm, but so what? He gestured the chicken simmering in the pot while cutting up carrots and celeries to steam together with the rice. It took him roughly 7 minutes to tell me how the process goes… just on chicken rice?? Yup, HIS chicken rice though. :P
To share….
I once sat with a female acquaintance of mine in a cubicle overlooking the wondrous Kuala Lumpur skyline discussing bluntly on girly gossips. It was a weekday and tons of work was ahead of us; me waiting around for my manager and her rendezvousing around on the many levels of the building attending her many meetings. Work related topic was allowed.
So what was it that we ended up discussing?
A coffee shop.
Okay, we talked about some other things and I remember most of them, but ‘kedai kopi’ stuck with me. How come?
No, not that sappy right? Why? Cause I share the same drive. I got attracted to people who share the same dream and people who actually motivate and cultivate the dream in others. I understood the dream and I want so bad to realize it. But to understand the dream, you have got to be there because only then can you see the passion that drives the dream.
To admire….
I once sat by myself in my humble abode, browsing through YouTube.com for Dashboard Confessional’s Vindicated acoustic cover. I sat through an almost 4 minute MTV clip of Chris Carrabba.
The first time I ever heard that song was when Fizzy, Shahrin and Fatin strummed away in Studio 2 last Wednesday and I got hooked ever since. As I was watching the YouTube video, I hummed along Chris.
It started off slow, like any acoustic cover. Just Carrabba plucking on his guitar while serenading audience with his low vocals. The song, ‘Vindicated’ translates to being free from any question of guilt. Then it happened. Vindicated as a verb…
Chris started on the last chorus and he screamed away the lyrics till he turned all pink. I gasped and stared in awe, with one of my hands on my mouth – utterly taken aback by the amount of outburst Chris put into his performance. His eyes were closed and that was his vindication of his passion for music.
To date, that was the most passionate performance I’ve seen.
To define….
An extravagant display of desire or mountful interest
…. I get from doing what I love
An outburst of strong love or sexual contentment
…. I get from being with the one I love
A compelling intensity of extreme anger or spoiled demeanor
…. I get from being a human being
An object of fondness
…. I get from my fixations
There’s so many examples of the many passions people around me show off. But not many of which I get attracted to. For example, I know Dato’ Dr. is passionate about research and writing papers. I appreciate but am not attracted. I know Iz is passionate about photography, I appreciate but don’t give much damn about it. Babah LOVES his plants and grass. Mak Chak adores food. Kak Chik… not so sure. Little Farhantok enjoys ‘hantoks’.
-Rantings dot mine at confused dot com-

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home