Sunday, April 29

the stooges

Come weekend, I'm all smiles. I can't believe that weekends are such a gem for a working person. I usually think that the working class over exaggerates the coming of weekends... but whoa, was I wrong. I love it!!! They should come more often. Saturdays and Sundays are leisure time.. staying late in bed, moaning over boring Astro movies that you still sit down and watch, pasar malam tours, mamak stall hangouts, shopping, washing the car, running, dancing, singing, turning nephews upside down (literally) while threatening to put them in your closets full of shoes for knocking your fresh open knee wound with their freaking toys, etc etc etc. FUN and FULL WEEKEND!

This weekend was a particularly fun and filled weekend. Spent the whole Saturday afternoon with Kak Chik and Kak Wan chasing Farhantok in Parkson Alamanda. Spent a whole LOAD of cash from buying flights, hotel stays, clothes and food in less than 3 hours. Spent a freaking 2 hour in KLIA waiting for MAS stupid booking system to go online (without actually knowing why the stupid system wasn't available in a jiffy)... Poor Feruz.. THANKS BABE!!!

Spent the whole Sunday morning, afternoon and evening with my three lovely high school friends - Nana, Ctot and Faezah, reliving our memories from high school and sharing one too many secrets and laughs. Our sometimes monthly or bi-monthly meetings are filled with many sharing sessions on how we perceive our lives with through our own trials and tribulations, many kudos from work, love life, family and friends.

I had a wonderful dah today with them; with Faezah stinking her brother's room as she didn't shower after her morning aerobics.. Nana chatting away with advices and home remedy scares in one single breath.. and Ct sneaking a giggle and a laugh every single time Nana would stop to catch her many forgotten breaths.

I am thankful that I have these handful of friends who has stuck with me through my thick and thin. They might not be the bunch who updates each other on which bands to scream for, the kind of work fashion to dress in, the kind of cars we should really drive, the make up to wear for your oily skin, the new restaurants that just opened to check out, the new merengue beat to dance to, the shoe shopping fair that will star in 2 weeks, or the type of friends who gossip about one another behind their backs.

I grew up with these people. I meet them every single day for a whole year in school. They've seen me in my good and my worst. I don't need to tell them that my life is rocky for them to know it. They don't expect me to grovel for sympathy everytime my dad invades my privacy or my mom shoo me out of the house or when my brothers go crazy. You only need to smile your simple smile for it to click if things are really alright or you're just showing a fake happiness.

No, they wouldnt be the "Hey, I'm wearing Chanel today. What deodorant you wearing?". They are the simple not-so-much of nonsense bunch of girls who wear track bottoms and kain batik in the house and actually give a damn about the kitchen (and blotting oily faces).

Today's hanging out at Faezah's brother's room took me back to my Bangi roots. Faezah was the one who helped me sew my form three Kemahiran Hidup baju Kedah which gave me a 278 points of out 300 (highest in class). Ctot was the constant target for my netball bullies as she was short and the only one with the toughest stomach to take my crude jokes. Nana was the souding voice of my constant complaints and worries (thanks to her big ears.. :) )

This is my tribute to my three best friends.. of the few I manage to retain after my long US study trip. I do have other buddies who I hold up high for being my pillar of support and you know who you are. I'm sadden though as I had to lose some old friends due to RIDICULOUS AND DUMB excuses from other NON-RELATED people (I cannot stress this enough, you guys are just plain grr... aiyooo... blur MUAHAHAHA)

Just this entry, it's for my three weird should-be housemates. Bangi would be a lot more crappy if it weren't for you. Thank you so much and I love you guys a lot (although you dont read my blog, whatever!!) Though we might not hang out every single day like other so-called best friends would, knowing that you are there is always the Sunday-mamak appointments is good enough for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Say Pssst!



Free Hit Counter
SmithandNoble.com


Officially Me
The favorite question of all time, "Why Me?". Ask again, "Why Not Me?". Nobody in this world is perfect enough to be hit by good luck all the time. "If Allah brings you to it, Allah will bring you through it" - YM Status MuDin. So as my life in Troy progresses as you read on, me and I both are trying the best to live life through, hopefully better than our yesterday and well prepared for our tomorrow.

FAMILY on the web
- Afiza - Babah - Izhal's Blog - Izhal's Fotos - Alfian - Farhantok -

RPIans, I Love
- Ipan, ANYET - eLLe^beLLe - Juliecious - Nawaal - Adilots - Ajan - Lana-chan - Taroi Oi Oi - Lyn Ghazale - Shaliza, click click - Marien, PerMYsuri - Fera Schmera - Sung, Mr Luqman - Nik Nizal - Nadia Musa - Dalila Dal - Hicam da Man - Adleena, Add - MissJaja -

FWENS, I Adore
- Iss - Felut - SheeDOT - dD, dDot! - Azmir*Kichka - EyesOfNabil -

JUZ lynx
- MASA@RPI - GooGle - TonTie*when ur bored - YOU TUBE - Cute games- Orisinal - Singing Horses -

ARCHIVES
March 2004 April 2004 May 2004 June 2004 July 2004 August 2004 September 2004 October 2004 November 2004 December 2004 January 2005 February 2005 March 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 February 2010

Powered by Blogger