Tuesday, August 28

Rekindling Passion

Spent Tuesday night with a new bunch of people at MSN Complex, Section 6, Shah Alam after a hot pursuit of Kak Jam’s convoy on NKVE (pity the old Honda and Sab’s Gen2 which gave quite a chase to the #36 Rav4).

There we were, at 730pm in a very much run-down sports complex that resembles House of Wax made up town. Kak Jam and Sab went off to prayers as Lyn and myself scoured an entrance to the netball court in the dodgy + creepy + cold + dark gymnastic gym. We didn’t find anything other than the hair that keeps on standing behind our necks. As bimbo-ish as possible, the court was actually situated right in front where we parked our cars in the “Dewan Tempur” which we so smartly thought was a Silat court dush, tumbuk sket sebab budus

That was the first time I mixed with a group of men who plays netball. Yep, men. Like real men. Yep yep yep. I’m still in disbelief as I still cannot fathom the fact that was plainly presented right in front of my eyes. No, they are not Scottish men who enjoys walking around in commando kilts.. but Malaysian men. Yep, playing netball. Yep yep. And pretty awesome – I mean both words literally! Yep, pretty… and yep, extremely awesome. tear…tsk tsk... gosh they were so good! Should see them move and dodge and catch and throw and hold and shoot and score and defend and on and on and on… sigh… tear.. tsk tsk…

I’ve never thought netball as a social sport, whereby players play without the objective to compete. You see, you’d need a total of 14 players to play the full court, the full game (but flexi is as flexi gets, pepandai lah). Not like basketball, badminton, pool, golf.. you can play for fun. I thought to play netball, you have to have the exact number, referees, time keeper, and all the formalities. Aiyo… was I wrong. It was all sooo much fun last night… like, LALALALALA!

Although I’m not a pro with netball, I owe a lot to this particular sport which I have learned to play since a Pendidikan Jasmani fight at the age of 10 between 4 Putih and 4 Coklat. It was on the field I learned to follow as well as to lead. I made friends and acquaintances. It was through the rain and shine that I stood tall and hit rock bottom. Rekindling passion after so long made me quite content, even more to see men playing it. Oh my god.. they were soooo cute!!! Me gonna take piccies to share later…

Hehe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Say Pssst!



Free Hit Counter
SmithandNoble.com


Officially Me
The favorite question of all time, "Why Me?". Ask again, "Why Not Me?". Nobody in this world is perfect enough to be hit by good luck all the time. "If Allah brings you to it, Allah will bring you through it" - YM Status MuDin. So as my life in Troy progresses as you read on, me and I both are trying the best to live life through, hopefully better than our yesterday and well prepared for our tomorrow.

FAMILY on the web
- Afiza - Babah - Izhal's Blog - Izhal's Fotos - Alfian - Farhantok -

RPIans, I Love
- Ipan, ANYET - eLLe^beLLe - Juliecious - Nawaal - Adilots - Ajan - Lana-chan - Taroi Oi Oi - Lyn Ghazale - Shaliza, click click - Marien, PerMYsuri - Fera Schmera - Sung, Mr Luqman - Nik Nizal - Nadia Musa - Dalila Dal - Hicam da Man - Adleena, Add - MissJaja -

FWENS, I Adore
- Iss - Felut - SheeDOT - dD, dDot! - Azmir*Kichka - EyesOfNabil -

JUZ lynx
- MASA@RPI - GooGle - TonTie*when ur bored - YOU TUBE - Cute games- Orisinal - Singing Horses -

ARCHIVES
March 2004 April 2004 May 2004 June 2004 July 2004 August 2004 September 2004 October 2004 November 2004 December 2004 January 2005 February 2005 March 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 February 2010

Powered by Blogger